Sunday, 22 April 2012

Well, that was unexpected!

I set out to reproduce Tim Holtz’s tag for March (you can see it here) only somewhere along the line it went a bit wrong….

Because the woodgrain stamp I used wasn’t big enough to cover the stamp in one go I needed to do more than one stamp.  The stamp is wood-mounted (from Hero Arts) I couldn’t see where to line it up.  I do own a stamp positioner but forgot about it (I very rarely use it) so guessed where the join would be.  It wasn’t my finest hour.  However, as a crafter I dislike waste I thought I’d cover the join with a bit of bakers’ twine. 

And at that point the tag went from pretty butterflies to Wild West.

This is how it turned out…


Rubber stamps are from Creative Impressions coloured in with Promarkers.   

No comments: