Sunday 4 August 2013

A Floral Clock

Hello everyone, welcome to my blog!

If you've been here before, you may know how I love starting with a plain piece of paper or card and making it into something else, and so when I saw the Susan's Garden dies I had to get them...the daffodil came first (as a loyal Welshwoman - it's our national flower) and then the Pansy and Violets.  I've always adored violets;  they used to grow on the mountain above my home when I was a child and I found the colour so beautiful. 


This is the first violet I made with the Susan's Garden die.  I started with white paper and coloured it with Promarkers then die cut the violet and the ivy leaves (another set from Susan that followed me home).   There are some really clear instructions on how to put the flowers together on YouTube, which I followed - and I would recommend getting the toolkit that goes with the dies if you can, they really do make the job easier.  I stuck the leaves to some strands of fine florists' wire  (Cosmic Shimmer glue did the job nicely!)

I bought a very inexpensive alarm clock (£2) from the Works and removed the workings (which are being reserved for another project) and stuck a circle of  "weathered wood" to make a backing, then arranged my violet and leaves. 

When I took the snap, I didn't realise that the words "Time Flies" on the clock behind would be so visible...I wish I could say I'd planned it!

I'm entering this in the "Just for Fun" challenge.  It's a brand new challenge so please hop over there and take a look - and the theme is "Anything Goes" so why not join in?

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

5 comments:

jane stillman said...

A great project - love the violet set against the background of the clock. Thank you for joining in the Just for fun challenge, good luck

Unknown said...

Fabulous project ,thank you for joining over at Just for fun Seema JFF DT

Jenny Marples said...

The violet looks great Keren. Think you may have another obsession on your hands! Enjoy. Hugs, Jenny x

Elaine’s Card Crafting said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining our first challenge at "Just For Fun!"

Elaine xx

Unknown said...

Wow this is so unusual , I love it X