When I saw the corked vials from Tim Holtz, they reminded me of the domes that Victorians used to cover displays of wax flowers and so on. Tim's were too small for what I had in mind so I went hunting on my favourite auction site for jumbo test tubes and cork stoppers. While I waited for them to be delivered I painted a cotton reel (previously covered in matte sealer) with Viva Terra paint, tinted with a bit of black acrylic.
I made some tiny lilies and ivy leaves with the Susan Tierney Cockburn dies, found a little skull bead which I'd antiqued with acrylic paints (a technique learned from Andy Skinner). It all went together with some hot glue (for a quick bond) backed up with some glue gel (for a longer-lasting adhesive). A bit of Flower Soft around the base of the "pillar" and there we are! Happy Halloween folks!