Friday 28 February 2014

Die cuts - LOC - Stamping Chef

It’s time for a new challenge at  Left of Center.  I’m working with Skull and Flowers from the Stamping Chef, one of the new sponsors who are supporting the challenges.

I wanted an olde-worlde inn sign to show off this happy little skull, so I gave a bit of chipboard a weathered wood effect (something I learned from an Andy Skinner online course – I am sworn to secrecy as to how it’s done!) and then die-cut it (Sizzix Alterations Cameo Frame).  I coloured the image digitally as my original thought was to get it printed out on a laser printer and use an image transfer technique – but it went a bit wrong L so I shifted to plan B, which was to print it out on Safmat.  I went looking for some suitable sentiments and found one I liked so I printed that out as well. And that was it, job done!  

We'd love to see your work at LOC, and joining in is easy.  You can either follow the theme – which this time is Die Cuts – or go Left of Center (Goth, horror, Manga, Steampunk etc) or do both.

4 comments:

Eiglas said...

Very interesting 'take' on the image Keren! I love brave techniques - must try to find out about this one!
Super project!
HUgs
Eiglas
x

Jo said...

Brilliant......now I really need to know how you did that lol! Great sentiment too!
hugs Jo x

SEO GOOGLE1 said...

You're so cool! I don't suppose I've read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. really thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web,Cccam Server someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

Matney said...

Weather background came out great! Fab image and how fun to work w/. Very cool.