Saturday 31 May 2014

Curiously Challenged...with added Poe

This time Linda Ledbetter and her talented DT have challenged us to create something using the tea roses as demonstrated in Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities Volume III.  Now, I enjoy making little flowers to add to my projects and I've loved this technique ever since Tim first showed it to us, so I went a bit tea-rose mad.  I made them out of burlap, coloured with all sorts of inks and sprays (mostly Dylusions).  (If you want to know how they're made, you really should get the book!)

As luck would have it, the Minions of the Master at Quoth The Raven have decreed that this month's offering to the mighty Poe shall include flowers, so the tea roses came in very handy.   I also used a little frame, a peacock feather and a couple of Rick St Denis digi stamps.  You can't really see the underlying tag in the picture - it's basically foil which has been coloured with alcohol inks and embossed and is really rather gorgeous.  Here's a picture -


Hope you like it.  And thank you for visiting - please do come back!  

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

3 comments:

ike said...

My goodness - that foil with the inks on it is just GORGEOUS !!! Fabulous tag and just right for The Master :-D Thank you for playing along at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-D

Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

Candy C said...

Keren...your faux tea roses are beautiful! I love them made out of burlap sprayed with Dylusions inks! The red against your darker embossed, alcohol inked foil background really pops!Thanks for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Beautiful tag! I love the way that burlap took the color. Thanks for playing CC3C!