Friday 25 February 2011

Off my Box!

I have gone a bit box mad right now.  After making the first two, I wanted to perfect the technique.  Also, I had a week’s leave from work so I really wanted to make the most of the time off! 

I experimented with an oval frame die but wasn’t too thrilled with the results – it took a lot of tinkering to get it so that I liked it! SONY DSC

I altered some travel sweets tins (after removing the sweets – it’s a tough job, but someone has to do it!)

DSC00152 

After that I went back to the Tim Holtz Alterations dies.

This one is my husband’s favourite – he keeps it on his bedside table and keeps his odds & ends in it!DSC00129

The pink gingham on this tin is actually a couple of cupcake cases (new ones!) that was part of a “pass the parcel” prize at my friend’s Jamie Oliver at Home party.  I told her she should have done Particraft – I’d’ve paid her mortgage! – but having won the goody bag I felt compelled to do something crafty with it. 

It’ll go to the bowling club as a raffle prize so hopefully someone’ll like it (I’ve filled it with strawberry bon bons!)

SONY DSC

Another one that finished up looking very different from the way it started – it was much less grungy and antique!

SONY DSCLast but not least, my “Secret Garden” tin

SONY DSC

(which began life as a tin full of extra-strong mints!).

SONY DSC

I’m still playing – and I have a new toy, my Vagabond!  I’m SOOO looking forward to using it/

No comments: