Tuesday 5 June 2012

Compendium Of Curiosities II–week 8

Repurposed packaging?  Ha, this plays right into my hands.  I’ve been repurposing packaging since I was about 8, when I started covering chocolate boxes with pretty paper and keeping my treasures in them (if you’re interested, the treasures were a lace handkerchief, a brocade case for packets of tissues, a large green rhinestone and a ornament in the shape of a cat.)  When I got older I covered boxes in sticky-backed plastic and one that I took to college with me lasted over 20 years – I kept my calligraphy pens in it.
I have a box full of clear acetate packaging, from Sizzix and Spellbinders dies.  The Spellbinders dies are great for Caught in Crystal – being shallow trays, they hold the Klear polish so it doesn’t run all over everything.  Scraps are useful for making it look like butterflies are hovering in mid-air – or an octopus is floating in a Configurations box.  Now.at the moment, I am operating in a state of crafty austerity so the fact that this technique makes use of – well, stuff you normally throw away is fine by me.
This is my interpretation of the technique from Sir Tim of Holtz’s Compendium of Curiosities II;  it’s this week’s task in Linda Ledbetter’s L3 blog, and you should hop on over there to find out more. 

IMAG0228

1 comment:

catherine said...

Such a great tag and great use of the technique
x catherine