I love butterflies (who doesn't?) and one of my go-to dies is the butterfly from Quick-Kutz, so I knew it would have to feature in my project. I had some paper left from my last background-paper-creation marathon (see, I knew the Olympics would get in there somehow!) with Starburst Stains, so that's what I cut the lower layer and the leaves out of. I attached it to a bit of scrap acetate (packaging - I never throw it away!) so it looked as if it were flying. If it were to scale, it would be massive, though...Still, this is Art, so I will gloss over that point and move on.
Orange roses are my favourites so I had to make some - I used the Donna Salazar Create-a-Flower dies (Spellbinders). You can see the technique for making them here- it's one of the easiest and most effective methods for making paper roses I've come across!
The sundial is made from two unwanted CD's and a bit of cardboard tube, painted with Viva Terra paint and a bit of green flock powder for the "grass". I undercoated the CD's with PVA before I painted them, so there was a good surface for the Terra to cling to. The dial is a Tim Holtz Alterations die, painted with Viva Ferro paint. There is a gnomon for the sundial, made from an ornate corner die and gilded with my new favourite Gilder's Paste, but the massive butterfly is in the way a bit! It all went together with a bit of hot glue, and for once I remembered to wear my gloves and didn't burn myself...I have learned since the time I tried gluing something above head height and the glue dripped down onto my hand...("Oh dear!" I exclaimed!)
Anyway, thank you for visiting and I hope you like the blog! See you soon...