Friday, 24 August 2012

Steampunk Sprockets

If you've glanced at my blog before you've probably noticed that I really, really like Steampunk.  So this week's theme for the Sunday Stampers challenge is right up my street! 

My order from Crafty-Emblies (who are sponsoring this challenge) arrived earlier this week but is still at the stage of "Can't be used, has to be taken out and stroked instead" (My precious!) although I did experiment with a bit of gilder's paste on one of the sprockets (and I am pleased to say that the experiment was successful!) so I fell back on my faithful die cuts and my new favourite Gilder's Paste. 

For once I used the Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets instead of the Alterations Gadget Gears as I wanted a lighter, less industrial effect.  The corners are from Marianne and the flower is made with the Donna Salazar build-a-rose set.  Everything was covered in Gilder's Paste.

For the background, I cut a stencil out of Doeflex with my Cameo and sprayed Sprinkies ink through it, then proceeded to cover it all up in different shades of Distress.  The words "Gears" and "Steampunk" are my own design (made with the Imagepac system) and the pointing hand is by Tim Holtz. 

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit!

3 comments:

besitos said...

This is fantastic, I love it :) xx

Hels Sheridan said...

FAB FAB FAB, love the whole LO hun, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Buttons said...

Great project Keren. You know you will have to use your Emblies sometime!! I stoked mine for ages too!! Love your use of gilders paste. Must give this a go sometime. Hugs, Buttons x