Monday 9 December 2013

Tim's 12 tags...December

I DID it!  I did every one of Tim Holtz's Twelve Tags of 2013!  Here's my version of the December tag.

The background to this one was a one of those happy accidents...I started off with an idea in mind, used the wrong colour of ink, tried to correct it, made it worse, then decided I might as well experiment with it, sprayed it with water and blotted it with paper towel...

The frosted film is beautiful - it does look like frost, only drier and warmer!  I didn't have any of the Clearly for Art plastic so I fell back on a technique from Creative Chemistry II and used packaging material.  It would probably have been  easier with the proper stuff but worked well enough with the holly leaves and juniper sprigs.

So that's it for the 12 tags of 2013.  It's been fun, learned a few cool techniques and had a great time getting inky along the way...see you in 2014!

Crafty hugs,

Keren


8 comments:

Kate M said...

This is absolutely gorgeous - love the colours!!
xx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Keren this is stunning! Well done you for doing them all. I love your blog too! I am a new follower too.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

Jenny Marples said...

Well done on finishing them all! Love this one Keren. Your happy accident background works beautifully with the greenery. Jenny x

Almo said...

Congratulations Keren on finishing all 12, I love the warm colours of your background it really makes the snow pop out. Your leaves worked well with the packaging. Havent made my December one yet, I need to get onto it this week. Hugs Mo x

Crafty Judith said...

Great tag love it x

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Hi I love your Blog how did you get that background? The saying at the top made me laugh too. Your Tag is gorgeous it brought me here to investigate further which I am about to do. I started to do the 12 Tags but only managed two because DT work just got too busy. Definitely next year!!! I am going to follow your Blog. Sam xx

SAMARA said...

Hi Keren: I love this tag! When I first saw it, not only did I LOVE this background, but I instantly saw antlers!!! Maybe my eyes only ;) Samara xox

maureenjscott said...

This is fabulous Keren!! love your tag! mo xxx