Tuesday 8 April 2014

Everything Easter at Ikesworld

Team B’s turn at the  Ikesworld Challenge Blog and we’re continuing the theme of Easter.

I’m using Blossom 1.  This is such a pretty image and could be coloured in a number of different ways.  I’ve gone for a sort of apple-blossom pink (although my apple trees don’t have any blossom on them just yet so I’m working from memory).  One of these days I’ll do a project that doesn’t involve tissue paper, but today is not that day.  I sized the image to fit on a cardboard egg which I’d sealed, given an undercoat of gesso, and then painted with Daler-Rowney shimmer acrylic inks, first  in Sun-up blue and the a coat of Pearl Moon over the top.
While I had the gesso around, I painted some over the reverse side of the tissue paper, just where the blossoms were.  (I should point out that I use the crunchy tissue paper – the sort you wrap things in – not the soft kind like Kleenex.  I’ve never tried printing on the soft kind and I’m not sure what would happen if I did).  When it was dry I coloured the other side with alcohol markers – Spectrum Noir’s this time – and then cut the image out, keeping close to the edge. 
After that it just needed to be stuck to the egg and sealed over the top.  I used Bindex this time, just for a change.  A bit of trimming and there you have it!
Hope you're going to share your project with us at the Ikesworld Challenge blog.  If you use one of Ike's images you're in with a chance of winning a prize - so why not give it a go?  Ike even has a freebie that you can use if you don't have any of her digis, and you can't say fairer than that!  See you there?
Crafty hugs,
Keren

2 comments:

ike said...

Fabulously clever and so gorgeous. I just LUV the colour on that egg and the printing on tissue is amazing. Never tried that myself as I have a Laser and I don't know if it would work !!
Hugz
IKE xx

Annie said...

A fabulous make Karen and I adore the rich colours.

TFS and best wishes
Annie x