Monday 3 September 2012

Not a Card...

The inaugural "Anything But A Card" challenge blog has launched (May God Bless Her, and All Who Sail In Her)

This is Not A Card, so I'm sharing it...

This little papier mache box has been altered using techniques I'm learning at Andy Skinner's Timeworn Techniques online course.   Andy is an amazing teacher and I'm having lots of fun;  this is my first make for the course and I'm so pleased at how it turned out.  Here's another view -
The initials on the lid - TF - stand for Thomas Felix (that's Major Thomas Felix), consort of that plucky gel, Lady Ermintrude Duffryn-Felix, who has been mentioned in this blog previously.

I worry about me, sometimes.

6 comments:

Julia S-W said...

You shouldn't worry about yourself at all - this is one gorgeous little box! What will the Major keep in it though?! Love your rust finish - I'm doing Andy's course this time too so perhaps I'll see you on the forum sometime.
Thanks for sharing this little beauty at ABAC's first challenge.
Good luck with the course.
Juliaxx

Margaret said...

Well I'm not sure if you should be worried, but you have certainly improved the life of a lowly papier mache box! The aged and slightly rusted finish is gorgeous! I would say your class is going well if your creation is any indication!

Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card Challenges!

Christy said...

What a gorgeous finish on this!! Thanks for joining us at ABAC :) :)

Linda said...

Great box Keren!

Alica said...

very cool! it's one great box!

Thanks for joining us at Anything but a Card Challenge - hope to see more from you soon!

Alica ;)

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Thanks for sharing your steampunk box with everyone at ABAC! This is so full of fabulous texture...I will be checking out this online course you are taking. Looking forward to seeing more of your work :)