Sunday 18 November 2012

'Tis the Season

Hi folks, welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting.  I really appreciate that you've chosen to take a look at what I've been doing.  Today it's my effort for The Artful Times blog challenge, which is to make a fabric tag. 

Up till now I've resisted doing anything with a Yuletide theme, for a couple of reasons, one being that I can't really to begin to think about it until after my son's birthday in the middle of November.  However, I think it's about time, so here it is!
The background is white cotton fabric, coloured with Adirondack inks in Red Pepper, Cranberry and Wild Plum and then sprayed with red Radiant Rain and gold Sprinkies.  While it was drying, I stuck green organza to actetate using double-sided adhesive sheet and cut the swirls from the adhesive sheet (the dies is a Sizzix Tm Holtz Alterations die - Elegant Swirls).  I stamped the organza using gold Brilliance ink (stamp from The Artisic Stamper), and cut the leaves with the Holly Branch Alterations die.

Once the background was dry, I stamped the harlequin pattern (another Artistic Stamper stamp) in  gold Brilliance and brushed gold Perfect Pearls where I wanted the pattern to stand out. I stuck the adhesive swirls down onto the background and glittered them with Old Gold Art Institute glitter.  Finally, I arranged the holly leaves on the tag ( I stuck them down with offcuts of the adhesive sheet left over from cutting the swirl - thrifty, eh?)

And there we have it.  In the flesh, the red and gold are very vibrant and I am thinking of developing the theme for one of the pages in the mini-album I began earlier this week.  Could be good!

4 comments:

Von said...

You have Christmas all wrapped up with the wonderful colours and sparkle which I bet is even more spectacular IRL :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times Keren
Von ☺

chrissie said...

A very beautiful tag it looks very Christmassy

Love Chrissie xxx

Jenny Marples said...

Oh Keren, this is all fireside warmth and glowing Christmas trees - you've got the lighting just perfect to show it in all its glory. How wonderful. Hugs, Buttons x

Neet said...

Wow, you can see the richness and the sparkle and glow in the photograph. Such a fabulously rich tag, perfect for Christmas.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times with this challenge. Hugs, Neet x