Friday 8 February 2013

Tim's 12 Tags - February

Hi everyone, and welcome to my blog!  Today's offering is my interpretation of Tim Holtz's tag for February.  Last year I failed dismally to keep up with the 12 Tags of 2012, and I'm not making any promises about this year either;  however, so far I've managed two out of two - so far, so good!

In January I kept pretty close to the original - I had most of the supplies on hand.  This month I didn't have most of the items Tim used - so I improvised.

If you've seen Tim's blog, you'll be only too well aware where I've deviated from the Master's creation.   About the only thing that's the same is the background colour.  But that's OK, Tim wants to inspire and teach us, not turn us into copycats!  I didn't have Tim's stamp so I used one I'd made with my Imagepac...the charm is a jewellery blank, the words were made on the Dymo and covered with a clear epoxy bubble, I didn't have seasonal Kraft Core'dinations paper so I die-cut and embossed some of the plain stuff...you get the picture.
 (I'm so glad that Core'dinations have brought out the Kraft Core papers in 6x4 pads - much easier to use, not to mention lower cost.  I'd hyperventilate at chopping up a 12 by 12 piece for a few small diecuts - don't know about you!)  Anyway, I'm pleased with the result, and very pleased to get it complete before Valentine's day!

2 comments:

Redanne said...

Wow Keren, how clever are you with the Imagepac! Love your wonderful creation and your improvisations. I am with you on chopping up 12 x 12s, I keep telling myself it is only paper/card but it isn't, is it?! Hugs, Anne x

Christine said...

What a difference a couple of days make!! Love how you've transformed the tag.
Bishopsmate #92 WOYWW