Thursday 16 May 2013

Out of my comfort zone!

Those nice people at the Anything But A Card blog have challenged us to make something using a very specific colour palette this time, and the colours they've chosen are light-years away from my usual preferences!
As you can see, not me at all!  However, I gave it a shot.

I coloured the background of the tag with DI's in Pine Needles, Peacock and Broken China, which gave a good approximation of the green, and when stamped with water (using a bold stamp designed for home decor!) lifted enough colour to get close to the turquoise.  I painted some crinoline fabric with acrylic paints and inked over the top to try to match the pink, cranberry and the beige, and when they were dry I die cut the flowers (Alterations Tattered Florals, of course!) and layered them up.

I stamped the man with cane (from Lost Coast Stamps) and the sentiment ( Tim Holtz from Stampers Anonymous) in Cranberry Adirondack, then added the flowers. I finished it off by gluing some pearls into the centres of the flowers. 

And that was it.  Not a colour combination I would have chosen, but you know, I rather like it!  I hope you did too!

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Keren, well hun, for someone out of their comfortzone you sure did a superb job! Love your tag. Hugs Frea

Redanne said...

Hi Keren, I would never have guessed you were outside your comfort zone because your tag is fabulous! Hugs, Anne x

Jenny Marples said...

This really works Keren. Love the background in particular. Hugs, Jenny x

Julia S-W said...

Hi Keren. I had to laugh when I read your post because I know just how you felt!! I love colour but found this really difficult!
I think you've made a really lovely tag and it fits those colours perfectly. Great florals you've made too.
Thanks so much for joining us this time at Anything But A Card.
Juliax

Jennie Atkinson said...

So great you gave it a shot Keren as you tag is fabulous. You really have got the colours perfectly. And lovely flowers too.
Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card.
Jennie x

Margaret said...

You did a fabulous job with the colors! I had a hard time trying to work with all of them and ended up leaving some out! The background is so pretty and your flowers are wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!