Wednesday 26 March 2014

Dreaming is free


All right, I admit it - I haven't contributed a link to Hels Sheridan's blog for a while.  I've visited every week; Sunday Stampers was one of the first blogs that got me joining in with challenges, and there was a time when I rarely missed a week.  However - as I joined in more and more challenges, and then began contributing to a DT or two,  it got harder and harder to keep up with everything, and what had to give was the weekly challenges.  (It takes me a week to think of an idea!)  Nevertheless,  I still follow Hels's blog and was lucky enough to get to one of her workshops recently.  So - as it's the 300th edition of Sunday Stampers,  I've made a special effort and put into practice what I learned from Hels -

The stamps are from a number of sources - Indigoblu and the Artistic Stamper among others - I just went digging through my collection until I found some I liked.  I used Timber Brown Staz-On ink onto tissue (this time it was the Kleeex kind, not the the crunchy kind I normally use) and beeswaxed it onto the painted canvas.  Apart from at the workshop, this is the first time I've used beeswax in my Melt Pot.



  I added a screw eye to the bottom of the smaller canvas and hung my little pendant from it (it's one I made using Pebeo Fantasy paints - I have a box full of them and hardly ever wear jewellery!) 


 I stuck the key (and the jewel) and the little dragonfly charm in place with Cosmic Shimmer glue.  What else is there?  Oh, yes, the roses are made from cold porcelain ( I'm still in love with it!) 
So there we are.  I hope you like it - and if you get a chance to attend a workshop run by Hels, just jump at it.  You won't regret it.
Crafty hugs,
Keren

4 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeousness indeedily... LOVE what you made Keren, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Sandra Carey said...

Gorgeous work Keren hugs Sandra xx

Linsey R said...

OMGOsh, this is SO gorgeous!!! I adore every inch of it and find your work to be super inspiring! I too, am very inspired by Hels and am nowhere this level of talent, but I do so love seeing fellow blogging friends' work and yours is extraordinary!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!! You're so lucky to have attended Hels classes--I'm in Seattle WA, USA so yah lol That would be a DREAM for sure :) Hugs

MaRyKaY said...

Ewwww this is gorgeous