Friday 16 November 2012

Ink free stamping

Hi folks,thanks for visiting my blog. I've had quite a week and I've a fairly hectic few weeks coming up so my crafting time is precious right at the moment.   I mentioned to a colleague that my crafting was the only thing keeping me sane.  "Do more of it!" she said - how rude!

 Today's offering began as a response to Simon Says Stamp & Show blog challenge - ink free stamping. I've had this Papermania mini-album hanging about the place for a while waiting for inspiration to strike so I decided that the time was ripe to make some use of it.

I covered the page with white cotton fabric then went to work with Distress Inks in shades of blue (applying them from the pad with sponge applicators) and once they were all covered, sprayed some Radiant Rain in blues and purples (plus a touch of pewter to grunge it all up) added a fine mist of water to get it to blend together, and left it to dry.  It was so pretty it was a shame to cover it up, but I spoke firmly to myself and added the netting.   The netting is recycled from my Dead Man's Chest project - it was gold to begin with but a dip in some diluted brown acrylic paint sorted that out.

I covered the lower right of the shape with gold Ferro paint in a nice thick layer, sprayed my stamp (a foam one designed for stamping home decor projects) with water and stamped it into the Ferro.  Result!  The opposite corner was looking a bit bare so I covered that with Croco paints in turquoise, bronze and gold.

I don't know about you, but I love peacock feathers and the colours of the album page were reminding me so much of them...so I had to include one.  The peacock is the bird associated with the goddess Juno (Hera), queen of the gods of Olympus, and this gave me the title for my page.  I printed out the word "Goddess", aged the paper with some Vintage Photo and Pumice Stone DI's and put it behind the Tim Holtz ornate plate, which I'd coated with Celtic Bronze gilder's paste and a touch of Patina paste.  While I had the gilder's paste handy, I gave the edges of the page a touch of both colours.  Finally, I put an acrylic AB gem at the base of the feather to neaten it up.

I'm thinking that I may theme each page inside the album for different goddesses - what do you think?

5 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Gorgeous!! Loving that addition of the peacocok feather. Perfection!

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show! - Ashli :)

Jenny Marples said...

Superb Keren! These Viva Decor goodies were going down a storm at the NEC and I can see why. This has me in mind of Egyptian pharoahs (Cleopatra et al) and I'd be tempted to start adding hieroglyphics! However you plan to move forward I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Hugs, Buttons x

Candy C said...

Keren...I LOVE your project. The colors and the texture are amazing! The gold netting that you added is brilliant! I am glad you wrote what you did because I would have assumed that you sprayed it that lovely color before you added it to your mini album cover. I love the Ferro painted and stamped corner. Wow! A real eye catcher! The upper left corner is such a perfect contrast between the already beautiful background and the brilliant gold corner. I think the addition of the peacock feather was a stroke of genius! It's got all of the colors you used in your project and it seem so me as if all of the colors are oozing from the peacock feather. LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Win Dinn, Artist said...

This is just delicious...and I love how you've used your products!