While I waited, I have my time (a) cleaning the kitchen floor where the old freezer stood so that they don't think I'm a complete slob (even though I am) and (b) finishing off the project that was on my desk on this week'a WOYWW.
I've called this one "Lilith". According to some, Lilith was Adam, the first man's first wife, created at the same time from the same earth - but she wouldn't obey him and left him, so was replaced by Eve. She's considered to be a bit of a naughty girl as a result!
I'm in a "stamp and mask" mode at the moment. The Gibson Girl was stamped first, onto the tag and a Post-It. Cutting out the Post-It mask was a bit fiddly, so I put a bit of Quickie Glue on the delicate bits and let it dry (so it would be repositionable) then put it carefully over the stamped imaged. I stamped and masked the bat wings, and finally the tiled floor, which is my trusty Harlequin background (from CaroLines) turned sideways. That was easy to mask - I just stuck the Post-It straight over it. I used Memento ink because I knew I'd be using my alcohol-based pens to colour in.
Then it was just a matter of colouring the background with Distress Inks (Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon, and Spiced Marmalade, with shadows in Weathered Wood), using Colour Dusters. I flicked water onto the background and blotted it with a paper towel to get the speckled effect.
Finally, I removed the masks and coloured the Gibson Girl with Spectrum Noir pens and stamped "Lilith" using my 99p a set alphabet stamps to finish the job.
I'm rather pleased that I can enter this one into two blog challenges. It was originally designed for Haunted Design House's Macabre Monday challenge, but as it features my favourite stamp - that Harlequin pattern, which features in a lot of my stuff - it also qualifies for the Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog challenge. Bargain!