Sunday 15 September 2013

Tim's 12 Tags - September

I'm still keeping up with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2013 (and rather surprised, if truth be known).  And I am so pleased that this tag features the layering stencils, because I have been wanting to get my inky little paws on them since Tim gave us a sneak peek before CHA.  Happily, they are now coming onto the market and I am having such fun playing.  They also inspired me to dig out my collection of masks and stencils and play with them as well.
So this is my version of Tim's tag.  As usual, I've kept pretty close to the original method.  As well as the layering stencils and a Special Touch mask (small polka dots)  I used Sam Poole stamps (The Inventor) and some random embellishments I've been accumulating because I liked them.  I added a touch of Patina Gilders' Paste on the dragonfly and the token.  I got a bit whimsical with the sentiment - the man in the top hat looks so serious, I wanted to suggest that what you see is not always what you get.

So there we are.  So, who's looking forward to Creative Chemistry 102?  I can't wait!

3 comments:

Redanne said...

You really have created the most beautiful background on your tag and I love the whimsical little quote to go with the Inventor... such fun! Hugs, Anne x

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fabulous job! I really love everything about it!

blackdragon said...

Gorgeous tag Keren.
Just letting you know you won at Quoth a little while ago... can you check it out please?
BDx