Wednesday 26 December 2012

WOYWW -26 December

Blimey O'Reilly, is it Wednesday already?  Christmas Day has come and gone (hope yours was as good as mine), my feet are beginning to recover from my being on them all day doing a marathon bake-in (I used to be a primary school teacher and on my feet all day, but I've been a civil servant since 1997 and I'm out of practice!) and I've got a few days off work before the mayhem begins again.  The cat still resents the Christmas tree, though.  It's In The Way Of The View.   And there is nothing that can silently portray resentfulness like a Persian cat.

And here she is trying to disintegrate it with her Laser Vision -

Anyway, if you came here by way of WOYWW, you're interested in my workdesk, so here's a view of my craft space today -


I'm working on a picnic table in front of the TV today!  This began life as a mineral water bottle and is the second of three I'm making for Andy Skinner's altered bottle workshop.  It's nearly finished, just a couple of processes to go.  On the left is my Chrissie Pressie from the Love of My Life - a tablet (Google Nexus, if you're interested!) onto which I am going to save the pdf instruction leaflets.  Cunning plan, eh?

 Okay, now I'm off to have a nosey at some workdesks before going to visit the family as per usual for Boxing Day.  I hope you all have a great day whatever you're up to and that you enjoyed your visit here - you're welcome at any time!

13 comments:

MiniOwner said...

How gorgeous is your cat?! And that altered bottle, too. I'd love to hear how you get on with the Nexus - I'm toying with the idea of getting one. Happy Boxing Day and Happy Wednesday, too.:o)
Sue x (MiniOwner@34)

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - that altered bottle is quite something! Sounds a fantastic workshop... Love the cat pics too - the "laser eyes" are fabulous! Continuing good wishes for the festive season, and happy WOYWW.
Alison x
#27

KatzElbows said...

Great bottle. I'm also crafting in front if e telly. It feels fabulously decadent.

Have a wonderful new year when it comes.
Rachel, #26

Hettie said...

Gosh that bottle looks interesting! I too got a tablet but a 7" Yarvik one and it is quite a learning curve but fun and I haven't thrown it quite yet!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Love your mantra at the top of your blog!!
Hugs
xx

Krisha said...

Fantastic bottle, what have you put on it? It would be easier for me to move the telly in here than to move out there....LOL Happy WOYWW
Krisha #48

Julia Dunnit said...

Super, you'll love having the convenience of the tablet..for all my whining about the iPad, I can't go far without it now!! Your bottle is incredible, that Andy skinner is so inspiring.

fairy thoughts said...

your bottle looks fabulous, the snake looks amazing, hope he doesn't get the cat!!!
happy crafting in 2013
janet #8

SandeeNC said...

Your kitty looks pretty even with the laser eyes! Waving hi from the rainy, but wishing it was snowing hills of North Carolina for the last WOYWW of 2012!!

okienurse said...

Very nice cat even if she looks a little devilish in the second picture! Nice looking bottle too. I look forward to seeing it finished. Hope you are having a great holiday week and Happy New Year! It is busy time of year but like you I couldn't miss the last WOYWW of the year! Enjoy the rest of your holidays! Vickie #4

Nan G said...

Cool bottle! Would love to take that class. Awe poor tabby. :) Love those laser eyes! Happy New Year! Nan 44

Darnell said...

Well, I have to say I'm surprised that your tree did not erupt into flames, Keren! Those are some laser eyeballs, indeed! And speaking of flames, your altered bottle is fascinating!!

All the best in the new year!! Darnell #53

voodoo vixen said...

LOL at your cat and the tree, luckily both of mine have been very good about ignoring it this year (though I know a certain miss has visited it at night and daintily removed a few decs but we both pretend it never happened)!!
Annette #19

Eliza said...

Hey I love the photo of the cat and his lazer vision it's a beauty and made me laugh. Yes the persian cat does portray his dislike brilliantly.

Great bottle work make sure you do a finished post on that one.

Belated Christmas Greetings and Happy New Year to you.

Eliza #63