Sunday 17 June 2012

Never Too Old...

The theme for this month's challenge from Scrapology is VINTAGE. Now,  I have been accused of making "old lady cards" in the past so this is something I am comfortable to attempt.  As today is the last day of my leave (well, technically that was Friday) and I have a pretty challenging time at work on the horizon, and then it's Number 1 son's birthday and there's a family wedding anniversary and the mum-in-law's birthday coming up...it'll be July before we know it, so I'm putting my effort in now.

I'm still on austerity measures, so again I've been using up my stash.  While I was coiling up the Kanban flowers for the pink challenge, I thought I might as well do the whole sheet, so here the flowers are again.  The cameo is shrink plastic, stamped in London Fog Memento and coloured in shades of grey Promarkers, then swiped over with Juniper Adirondack and Forest Moss Distress inks before glazing with Glossy Accents.  The ink blends into the glaze and gives the cameo that soft green colour.   The  sentiment is from Pink Petticoat, cut with a Spellbinders die, coloured with Forest Moss and Juniper;  the lacy medallion die-cut is tinted with Juniper.

For the finishing touches, I added some green velvet ric-rac ribbon, a hatpin and a glass pebble.  I think it came out quite well - I hope you like it!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful card Keren. Thank you for joining our challenge over at Srapology.Lynn x

Linda said...

Lovely card Keren.
Love the rolled roses.
Thanks for taking part in this months challenge :)
Linda
x

Alison said...

Very pretty colour scheme and lovely dimension, Keren! Fab card.

Redanne said...

Your card is beautiful, love the flowers and the cameo and such lovely colours you have used too.