Friday 15 June 2012

Walk like an Egyptian

My sister-in-law got her degree in Egyptology a couple of years ago. She’s always been fascinated by the Egyptian culture, works part-time in the Egypt Centre at Swansea University, and finally went for her BA, studying part-time. She’s a baker and gets up at stupid o’clock every morning to go to work so it took quite a bit of determination to do it.

Anyway, in her honour, I’ve unearthed this slide mailer and slide that I did some time ago. The stamps are from one of the first stamp sets I ever bought, from All Night Media (are they even still in business?) the paper is from Crafthouse Press, again bought a very long time ago, and the mummy on the cover is moulded in paperclay with an Art Mould.



While I’m away on the banks of the Nile (well, in my dreams anyway) I thought I’d share these pieces of faux ivory, made out of polymer clay (technique here). The soft sheen is the result of some polishing, but mostly it’s down to the use of Klear floor polish (now known as Pledge Multi-Surface Wax), which is useful for all sorts of things as well as floors!

No comments: