I wasn't going to enter Tim Holtz's Tattered Floral Challenge. I was perfectly happy looking at the brilliant projects everyone else was making, but didn't feel the urge to join in. Until just now, that is! I woke up thinking, "I wonder if I could use the Tattered Florals Die to make roses?" You can guess the rest! I gave in to the impulse, and much to my surprise, put together a project for the challenge. Here's what I did...
I cut out a wodge (technical term) of flowers out of some script paper I'd been hoarding for ages (one of the great things about the steel rule dies and the Vagabond is that you can cut multiple sheets of paper in one go, which is what I did!) and made up the roses by my favourite method. I had to adapt it a bit because it works best with odd numbers of petals and I did need to cut into the centres of the flowers to get the petals to curl around. I started out thinking that I'd add some subtle colour to the petals. (I changed my mind in the end and sprayed them with inks in shades of red, yellow and orange , though so it was all a bit of a waste of time.)
|A bit of DI to tint the petals - complete waste of time as I changed my mind and sprayed them afterwards!|
|Outer petals on the left, inner bud on the right! See here for full details of how-to make paper roses|
Once it was all dry, it was time to assemble it. I added in some small Tattered Leaves which I'd coloured with DI in Peeled Paint and Iced Spruce, and a photo. Yes, that's me in my mother's arms. ( I was 4 months old at the time.)
Anyway, that's it! Thank you for visiting, and I hope you enjoyed. See you soon!