Friday 5 December 2014

12 days of Creepmas - Bearing gifts

Day 3 of the 12 Days of Creepmas, according to the Smeared and Smudged blog.  If you're following the hop in order, (see here for more about how to play!) you've arrived here from Airless Chambers.  If you're lost, or have come in halfway, you can go back to the start, or work your way through in any order - the blog roll is over there on the right.

 If you followed this blog during the 31 Days of Halloween, you might remember me mentioning a visit to the Harry Potter studios.  There's an awesome shop where you can buy almost everything Hogwarts (husband came away with a set of Slytherin robes and a wand...don't ask...) and I bought a chocolate frog, mainly because it came in a smashing five-sided box.  (The frog was a substantial piece of very nice chocolate.  I had to eat it...husband isn't keen on chocolate.)

Anyway, I deconstructed the box and made my own template - if you look on my Templates page you can find a PDF or SVG version.

The skull digi came from Delicious Darkness - I'm so happy that we'll still be able to get Teri's art next year.  For a while there it looked as if changes to the tax laws were going to force her to quit.  Luckily for us, she's joined the team of artists at Smeared Ink (whew!)  The colour in the photo has come out a bit wonky - in real life the yellow highlight on the skull are much more subtle.   The star on top of the box is die-cut from soft gold card, and the border around the base of the box is a bit of ribbon from the stash, which I'd totally forgotten about and found when I was looking for something else (which I still haven't found.  You win some and you lose some.)

As promised, every day I'm sharing something that I associate with Christmas or the festive season.  Today's bonus bit always makes me laugh.  Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
Onward, now, to Sarah's blog.  See you on Dec 7 for the next offering!

Bye for now!

Keren

10 comments:

Monique's art said...

awesome gift

Laura S Reading said...

I have often been accused of buying things for the packaging and what I say I can make from it.
On my monitor the "yellow" is a sickeningly stupendous green.
Love what you've done with the box all the way to the star base.

DonnaMundinger said...

I'd buy that box too, in a snap, and if it happened to have a choccy frog in it, so much the better! Gorgeous! I'm seeing green on the skullies too. Looks great. I laughed 'til I cried watching that video! Hilarious! xxD

TangledBlueRose said...

Love the stamps and the box is awesome! hahhaha great video!
Thanks for sharing wonderful creepmas!~kim

My Side of Oz said...

I know that frog! Wanted one so bad but knew I would eat the whole thing and die! But the box..it is a Hogwart thing..magic from holding wonderful frog to beautiful Creepmas project. Definitely gonna snag that template won't be going to Disney til October..can't wait..for trip or box!! Awesome job!!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous box! And clever you for deconstructing the chocolate frog box! I'm definitely going to check out your pattern--thanks!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Oh man, I'm so jealous, I want to go to the HP Studios, where did you say that was again? Love that your hubby got the robes and wand, ok, I won't ask LMAO, I could go for a choc frog right around now but I digress, LOVE your box, what a fabulous shape and you used it so well! :0)

Deborah Frings said...

I do like this box - great shape, lovely ribbon and that skull and bow is just lovely!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Love the box and the video! :D

Susan Renshaw said...

fantastic box and as always love the extra bits you throw in - great video!!