Thursday 11 December 2014

12 Days of Creepmas - Book him, Danno!

Well, here we are on day 6 of the 12 Days of Creepmas, according to the Smeared and Smudged blog - halfway there.  If you're following the Smeared and Smudged Blog Hop in order, (see here for more about how to play!) you've arrived here from Airless Chambers.  If you're lost, or have come in halfway, you can go work your way through in any order - the blog roll is over there on the right.

Today's project is a little box.  It features this GREAT stamp  - Gaudete - from Visible Image
It's a sizeable stamp - one of their background stamps - and much too big for the little fake book (which is made out of chipboard, a kitchen towel roll, string and faux leather -see the Snapguide for how it was constructed) - so I stamped it onto shrink plastic.  The frame is a Tonic die (one of the Keepsakes range).  I covered the sides of the book-box with modelling paste and ran an old bank card through it to make the "pages"
Inside it's lined with "William Morris" style paper.  You could put a Creepmas gift inside...something suitable..
Today's bonus bit is "Gaudete" from Steeleye Span - partly because the words are on the stamp, and partly because  the song was in the charts my first year in college - happy memories!  (The rather scratchy quality is deliberate!)

Onward, now, to Sarah's blog.  See you on Dec 13 for the next offering!

10 comments:

Laura S Reading said...

You all are blowing my mind with the wonderful projects this time around.
I would not have guessed at first glance how this was made. Beautiful job.

I am not familiar with this music, even tho I do listen to chants now and then.

DonnaMundinger said...

Amazing book box! How brilliant to shrink the stamp with shrink plastic. Fabulous work and the chant is quite haunting. xxD

TangledBlueRose said...

I love your book, it really looks like leather. Such a fabulous make, really love the shrink plastic plate. Brilliant!~kim

My Side of Oz said...

Got to have one of these!! I love books real and fabulously fake!! You did a wonderful job on this piece!! Fantastic!!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Oh my, your book box is absolutely stunning!

Unknown said...

Wonderful project! This is absolutely stunning!

Deborah Frings said...

I do like your altered book box. That ornate frame is fabulous and the font on the text is perfect!

Monique's art said...

That's soooo cool

Susan Renshaw said...

Well this started me singing!! Love that background stamp - may have to put it on my wishlist!
Fabulous box!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

What a fabulous book, the shrink plastic image is perfect with that gorgeous frame!