Saturday 13 December 2014

12 days of Creepmas - Ho Ho Poe

Day 7 of the 12 Days of Creepmas, and  the Smeared and Smudged blog hop.  If you're following the hop in order, (see here for more about how to play!) you've arrived here from Airless Chambers.  If you're lost, or have come in halfway, you can go back to the start, or work your way through in any order - the blog roll is over there on the right.

'Tis the time of year when we light candles, whether they are real or battery-powered, so for today's contribution I've chosen a pillar candle which I have adorned with the face of Edgar Allen Poe, master of the Tale of Mystery and Imagination.  It's a digi from Rick St Denis (and if you just came for Airless Chambers you're familiar with RSD!)  printed onto tissue paper and applied with a heat gun.

To add to the -er- festive mood, I've die-cut some poinsettias out of black card and dabbed on some gold paint.

This year is the centenary of the birth of Dylan Thomas.  Swansea, where I live, was his birthplace The park in the poem "The Hunchback in the Park" is just up the hill from us.  His short story " A child's Christmas in Wales" is a classic.  So here it is, as today's bonus bit.  (It's quite a long one so you might want to come back to it!)

So, on you go to Sarah's blog, and I'll see you for Day 8 on the 15th!

Keren

12 comments:

My Side of Oz said...

How Poe-eriffic!! Love Poe and Christmas! Those poinsettias are to die for...errr sorry Poe!..the are really, really awesome! How's that? lol Fab candle!

My Side of Oz said...

How Poe-eriffic!! Love Poe and Christmas! Those poinsettias are to die for...errr sorry Poe!..the are really, really awesome! How's that? lol Fab candle!

My Side of Oz said...

How Poe-eriffic!! Love Poe and Christmas! Those poinsettias are to die for...errr sorry Poe!..the are really, really awesome! How's that? lol Fab candle!

Laura S Reading said...

Beautiful classic addition to your celebrations.
hank you for the added video bits. I do watch them all.

TangledBlueRose said...

I think Nan had too much caffeine!

Awesome candle, love how you made it. On my list of must-do's!

Creepy great poinsettias!
~kim

DonnaMundinger said...

Still dying to try a candle like that and I love that it's Poe! Gorgeous black poinsettias, too.
Wish they really grew like that! xxD

Deborah Frings said...

What a good idea. I think Poe looks fab on the candle and I love the black and gold poinsettia!

Unknown said...

Great candle, and I lOVE those black poinsettias!

Susan Renshaw said...

Great candle! Love that short story - will have to come back to it later!!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Ho Ho Poe to you too, fabulous Poe candle, so creeptastic!

Monique's art said...

beautiful candle

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Beautiful candle!